Xamarin Dev Days are in full swing across the globe and now it’s time to get free, hands-on mobile development training in your city! It’s fun, easy, and exciting to organize a Xamarin Dev Days of your own, and today we’re going to show you how.
To start off, we’ll provide you and your speakers with three in-depth, presentation-ready slide decks and demos along with an optional step-by-step workshop for attendees to build their first ever cloud-connected mobile app with Xamarin.Forms.
Step 1: Recruit a Team of Local Speakers and Volunteers
Get a group of three to four volunteers to present and to help onsite with registration, catering delivery, and the afternoon workshop. Some great candidates include:
Step 2: Reserve a Date and Venue
Find a date that works for you, your volunteers, and your community and reserve space at a local venue for your event. The following is what you should look for in a venue:
- Available on Saturday from 09:00–16:00 (preferred)
- Room for a minimum 40–200+ attendees
- Has an Audio/Video system and Wi-Fi available
Local Microsoft offices are often a great option!
Step 3: Fill Out the Form!
Now it’s time to submit your event details and make things official. Once reviewed, the Xamarin team will:
- Create your official Event Registration Page
- Order and ship swag to you for the event (while supplies last)
- Generate FREE 1 Month + $100 Azure Passes for your attendees!
That’s right, Xamarin Dev Days organizers can now offer free Azure passes to all of their attendees just by hosting an event before June 30, 2017*!
*Further details will be provided after event submission
Step 4: Promoting Your Xamarin Dev Days
Once your event link is live, you’ll be able to share your event with the world and start promoting open registration. Xamarin will help with the promotion by:
- Including your event in the upcoming blog post announcements on April 7, May 5, and June 2
- Hosting the event link on the official Xamarin Dev Days website
- Publicizing your event through the @XamarinEvents Twitter and with the hashtag #XamarinDevDays
Step 5: Supporting Your Event
Raise awareness of local technology companies by having them participate in your event as sponsors. Through providing lunch or covering venue fees they will receive:
- Their logo on the official registration page
- The ability to send or give goodies and prizes to attendees
- An opportunity to network with passionate developers throughout our global community
If you’re unable to find a sponsor for lunch, we have a Subway Catering Offer for qualified events. Further details will be provided after event submission.
Tips and Tricks for a Great Event
- Partner with other local user groups on event tasks, promotion, and facilitation onsite to help build a stronger developer community.
- Quality photos posted on Twitter or Instagram with #XamarinDevDays may be featured in future event blog announcements and/or on the Xamarin social channels.
- Start gathering details for your event submission as soon as possible – swag, catering, and Azure passes are limited!