Apple requests that developers in the iOS 7 beta program re-submit their apps using the GM build of iOS 7, which is now available under NDA as part of the iOS 7 beta program. We have just pushed Xamarin.iOS 6.9.7 to our Alpha channel, which contains support for the iOS 7 GM release. Since iOS 7 is not officially out yet, this notice provides instructions that are useful only to developers under Apple’s NDA.
Installing Xamarin.iOS for iOS 7
Due to the fact that Apple’s SDK is still under NDA, you must follow the following steps in order to install Xamarin.iOS for iOS 7:
- Download and install the iOS 7 GM SDK from Apple’s iOS Developer Center.
- Install it at the default location (do not change it).
- Run Xcode once, to allow Xcode to complete its installation.
- Make sure that you reset the Xcode path to point to /Applications/Xcode.app in the Xamarin Studio SDK Location preferences.
- Switch the Xamarin Studio Updater channel to the “Alpha” channel.
- Install the Xamarin.iOS update.
If you do not have Apple’s iOS 7 SDK installed on your system, you won’t be able to download or install Xamarin.iOS when using the Alpha channel.
After installation, the release notes will open. The release notes contain a link to the API changes from both the previous alpha release of Xamarin.iOS and since the last stable release.