Installing Xamarin.iOS for iOS 8
- Download and install the iOS 8 SDK Beta from Apple’s iOS Developer Center.
- Install it at the default location (do not change it).
- Go to Xamarin Studio’s Preferences > SDK Locations > Apple and set the Apple SDK value to /Applications/Xcode6-Beta2.app
- Switch the Xamarin Studio Updater channel to the “Alpha” channel.
- Install the Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin Studio updates.
Windows users with Visual Studio, in addition should:
- Switch Visual Studio Xamarin Updater Channel to “Alpha”
- Install the Visual Studio extension update.
At this point, you should have the new APIs available. Check our release notes for more details and a detailed list of the new APIs.