The Xamarin user group community is kicking off 2014 with a bang. This January is the perfect time to find a user group in your community to connect with local developers and discuss a vast array of topics. This month’s topics range from Monetization Strategies and Payment Processing, App Showcases, Intro to MvvmCross, Building iOS applications with Xamarin and C#, and more.
Here is just a few upcoming Xamarin user group meetups for January:
- Seattle, WA: Tuesday, Jan. 7th 6:00PM
- Cross Platform .NET Apps – How to be awesome on each platform without rewriting your app for each of them – Daniel Plaisted, .NET Framework Team Microsoft
- Chicago, IL: Wednesday, Jan. 8th 6:00PM
- Building Cross-Platform Native Apps with MVVMCross and Xamarin – John Sprunger & Andy Attebery, West Monroe Partners
- Dallas, TX: Wednesday, Jan. 8th 6:30PM
- Monetization Strategies and Payment Processing – Myke Sanders
- Tempe, AZ: Thursday, Jan. 9th 6:00PM
- Let’s Kickoff Arizona Xamarin!
- London, ON: Thursday, Jan. 9th 6:30PM
- Building iOS applications with Xamarin and C# – Jonathan Dick, Xamarin MVP
- New York, NY: Monday, Jan. 13th 6:30PM
- App Showcase: Show and Tell
- Veenendaal, Netherlands: Wednesday, Jan. 15th 6:00PM
- Multiplatform App Architecture – The Best Development Strategy for Mobile Apps - Edwin van Schaick, Lead Architect Capgemini App Center Netherlands
- Introducing QuickCross 2.0 - Vincent Hoogendoorn, Architect at Macaw
- Mysore, India: Saturday, Jan. 18th 10:30AM
- Cross Platform Mobile App Dev using C#
- London, UK: Tuesday, Jan. 21st 6:30PM
- Writing cross platform desktop applications using XWT – Luis Sanchez Gual, Xamarin
- Jacksonville, FL: Tuesday, Jan. 28th 6:00PM
- Intro to MvvmCross – Mark J Radacz
Each month we’re seeing more and more new Xamarin user groups start up, and we can’t list every meeting here. If you don’t see your city listed above, you can browse the full list of user groups at xamarin.meetup.com. New events and user groups are being added often, so be sure to check throughout the month for updates, and be sure to check the Speaking and Events Forums for even more.
If you are interested in starting a user group in your city we are here to help. Check out the Speaking and Events Forums, where you can collaborate with other user group leaders to get tips and announce your first meetup. We encourage you to send us an email or tweet @XamarinHQ so we can help spread the word and continue to grow the Xamarin community.