September is now in full swing, and you’ve got homework. The Xamarin Developer Center has added mounds of amazing new material to our portal, and we can’t wait for you to start reading! Here are some of the new guides we’ve got for you:
- Introduction to Mobile Development - A fantastic way to get up to speed on the foundations of mobile development, the Xamarin toolkit, and the beauty of a cross-platform approach to developing your app.
- Intro to ContentProviders - Examines the Android Provider Pattern and illustrates how to use it to expose data in an agnostic way to the various UI controls in Android that expect a ContentProvider.
- Java Integration Overview - Provides a solid foundation in understanding the various ways to integrate existing Java code and Libraries in your Android application.
- Publishing an Application - Walks through the process of publishing your application to Google Play, Amazon, or just a file share, for wider distribution.
- Creating Services - Teaches you to handle work in the background of your app with Android services.
- Fragments & Fragments Walkthrough – Makes your design look good on any screen size with UI modules.
- In-App Purchasing - Covers how to use the Apple Store Kit APIs to provide in-app upgrades, and subscriptions. Illustrates how to verify transactions, secure store, and more.
- JSON Element Walkthrough – A new addition to the Introduction to MonoTouch.Dialog series that covers dynamic UI generation via JSON data.
- App Distribution Overview - Examines the various publishing and distribution methods for iOS applications.
Also, New Recipes!
In addition to our in depth guides, check out our ever expanding library of recipes. Designed to illustrate how to do a particular task in mobile development, recipes are quick snippets of drop-in code that you can inject right into your applications to add new features. And new recipes are added on an almost daily basis. Check out these recent iOS recipes:
- Create a Login Window using MonoTouch.Dialog
- Play a Video Using MPMoviePlayerController
- Access Image Metadata
- Detect Multitasking
- Move Content Hidden By Keyboard
- Display a “Loading..” Message
And if you’re cranking out the next big Android app, here are some tasty Android recipes:
- Pass Data Between Activities
- Create a Table Layout
- Take and Save a Picture with the Camera
- Create a Custom Adapter for Contacts
From your friends on the docs team, happy coding!